I believe that just being a woman is a gift. We are such wonderful unique creatures. We have spirit, beauty, patience, abilities, time-management, and humor like no other. However, being a woman can be extremely stressful.
All women have stress.
You can be a corporate woman who has to deal with the big boys. You have stress.
You can be a woman who is in school dealing with financial pressures. You have stress.
You can be a Mom who works outside the home and cannot be with your children as often as you like. You have stress.
You can be a homeschool Mom who has to deal with the stress of what that entails. Uh…you have stress too!
No matter what your story is, if you are a woman, you are most likely stressed out or at the very least stress is no stranger to you.
Women are more likely to die of heart disease than man and women have more stress than men. This is simply a fact of life. We can either let it get the best of us or we can fight it and win!
Stress Busters for Every Woman:
Mental Vacation. Find a quiet spot. Even if it means leaving the house once in a while to sit on a park bench (with some mace on hand, of course…LOL!). Close your eyes and see yourself somewhere wonderful and spectacular. Relax there for a few and take some long deep breaths.
Fitness. Exercise is a huge stress buster and heart healthy. We all have time if we make time. Even a 15 minute walk around the mall will work! Get some physical activity going on in your everyday life.
Eat Right. Too much sugar and caffeine is not good for anyone. Drink more water and eat more fresh fruits and veggies. You will feel better and maybe even lose some unwanted blubber. Oh, and drink lots of H2O! Nothing is better for a woman’s body, skin and aging than water! Oh, and do not rob yourself of the wonderfulness of chocolate!
Just Say No! Limit alcohol. It is not good for you in regular large quantities. Yes, a glass of red wine a few times a week is heart healthy…but not a bottle. LOL! Also, quit smoking if you do. It is a sure fire way to a shorter lifespan for a women. Kick those nasty money robbing, health stealing sticks to the curb! Your lungs will thank you!
Find a Hobby or Sport. Do something just for you. Something that you like and you enjoy. Do something for no one else but you! We all have something we “wish we had time for.” Make the time. You only live once. You better make the time. Life is not worth living if you never get anything for you!
Women, make the most of your lives. You have one life to live and it’s not a soap opera! It’s a gift and you should be enjoying it! Just say NO to stress!
Copyright © Lara Velez, All Rights Reserved
Kerasal is a foot ointment. It is used to help make your feet softer. You can by it at most drug stores. I got mine at Walgreen’s. This stuff is like a miracle cream. I have been doing all kinds of experiments. Who would have thought??
I love the stuff! I originally purchased it for my elbows. Yes, my elbows. I was getting rough elbows from leaning on them a lot while working Online. Nothing worked. I tried everything, including; Vaseline, moisturizers, olive oil, vitamin e oil, you name it. Nothing would even touch the roughness.
Then, I though, hey, let me try some heel ointment. This is where Kerasal came in. It worked almost instantly. Seriously. I was shocked. After a few applications, my elbows were no longer rough. Yeah!
So, then I actually used it for it’s original purpose…LOL…my heels. Guess what? It worked there too!
Me being me decided not to stop there. I though man, if this stuff is that good and moisture filled, why not try it on some wrinkles. LOL. Yes, I went there. As soon as I put it on, I noticed the line fade a tad. I put it on the one I blame my husband on. LOL. You know the one between the eyebrows. It’s a line that drives me nuts.
It is slowly fading. I mean it is still there. However, the Kerasal has definitely diminished it enough that I feel better about it.
Kerasal is so much more than foot ointment. It is a beauty product that every woman should have. It has so many uses and I am still experimenting with it. Buy some. Use it. LOL. Let me know how it worked for you!
Copyright © Lara Velez, All Rights Reserved
There were 11 people – ten men and one woman – hanging onto a rope that came down from a helicopter.
They all decided that one person should get off, because if they didn’t, the rope would break and everyone would die.
No one could decide who should go, so finally, the woman gave a really touching speech saying how she would give up her life to save the others, because women were used to giving up things for their husbands and children, giving in to men, and not receiving anything in return.
When she finished speaking, all the men started clapping.
By: Mark Ransome
In today’s fast-paced stressed life, even children need to take a little time off with some form of relaxation. However, instead of raising a couch potato who listens to MP3s, plays video games, surfs the Internet or just watches TV, encouraging a child to take up a constructive alternative, such as, a hobby could open a whole new dimension to his life. Parents should support their child in discovering the rewards of having a hobby.
What is a Hobby?
A hobby is a pastime or activity that a child does in his spare time for individual accomplishment. It is something they have an interest in and that they enjoy. It differs from an activity that is forced on them. For instance, a parent may think that her son needs some exercise and signs him up for soccer. While her son may not mind playing soccer, he is not especially enthusiastic about it either. This is not a hobby for him; whereas, a daughter begs to take up ballet. Here she is not only getting exercise, but she lives and breathes ballet. That then makes it her hobby.
What kinds of Hobbies are there?
1. One type of hobby is collecting, such as, key chain, lunchbox, autograph, stamp, trading card, comic book, postcard, doll, spoon, patch or coin collecting.
2. There are educational hobbies. A few of them would be amateur radio, bird watching, genealogy, chemistry or astronomy.
3. Then there are creative hobbies. They could be painting, photography, playing a musical instrument, cooking, scrap booking, building models, HO gauge trains, kite building, wood carving, needlepoint, knitting, sewing and crocheting.
4. Also there are physical hobbies, for example, playing sports, yoga, bicycling, running or hiking.
5. Next there are the games. Many of which can be played in competition. Several are chess, checkers, bridge, gin rummy, backgammon and scrabble.
6. Some are then a combination of hobby types. For instance, hobbies that are a blend of the collecting and educational varieties are rock and mineral, fossil, butterfly, feather, shell and arrowhead collecting. Gardening could be considered both physical and educational; whereas, the art of dance is creative and physical.
What are the Rewards of Having a Hobby?
1. It can promote relaxation.
2. It can encourage physical exercise.
3. The hobby may further advance creativity.
4. Through the process of self-discovery, a child may realize a talent they did not know existed.
5. A hobby can teach. A child may learn about the particular subject they are engaged in and perhaps become an expert. They can learn organizational skills through setting up a collection or planning the next phase of their hobby’s development.
6. It may aid a child in increasing the drive and persistence to attain their goals.
7. Due to self-achievement, the hobby can help in building confidence. For example, when a budding gardener takes some seeds, cultivates the soil, adds the right amount of water and proper sunlight and wins first prize for growing the largest tomato at the fair.
8. It can also aid in developing social skills like how to handle competition with learning to win politely or lose gracefully.
9. The hobby could result into a lifetime passion or eventually turn into a career.
There are very few downsides to having a hobby. Unless, of course, the child becomes obsessed to the point where everything else in their life falls to the wayside. It is the duty of a parent to keep their child on track with what is appropriate and not to allow them to become too fixated on their hobby.
To further the desire to take up a hobby in a child, it is important that the parents have a hobby themselves. They also should attempt to expose their child to various experiences so that possibly their child may form an interest in some area. When an interest seems to develop, parents should support it wholeheartedly. Perhaps take a trip to a museum, show, or exhibit that features the hobby.
However, parents should not demand absolute perfection from the child. They should allow the child to try, fail, and learn from their mistakes. After all, it is their hobby and they should be allowed to explore it their own way. A child who discovers his own personal pursuit will surely reap many rewards from his hobby that he otherwise would not have experienced.
About the Author: Mark Ransome writes articles about trains and model trains for the web site Model Train World. More information on model train help can be found on his blog; http://modeltrainhelp.blogspot.com or http://modelrailroadhelp.com
By: Natalie Williams
1. Open eBay and PayPal account (free)
2. Start selling things around their house to get their feet wet, build up feedback points and get experience (free, plus it MAKES you money).
3. Go to library and get books on beginning HTML, Web design (for beginners) and Creating graphics for beginners (free)
Search on the Internet for a free HTML editor (web page creator) and free graphics editor.
4. Running out of stuff to sell? Go to your local thrift shops and buy up all BRAND NAME childrens clothing for like .50-1.00 each and sell them in batches. Buy up all video games, DVD’s and even VHS if the VHS’s are priced at LESS than $2.00. List them and charge $4.50 for shipping and handling.
5. Use Stamps.com to print the postage and you can hide the amount of postage on the label so no one complains). This covers any packing material and your time packing and going to post office. I am TIRED of shipping cost complaints. Do these people email amazon.com and complain they were charged $6.95 for something that cost them .50 to ship? Go to garage sales, buy up and resell. (Cost – Free to open account and FREE postage to begin with plus a free scale.)
6. Start making a website. I don’t care if it’s about hot dog farming. Whatever interests you, make it. (Free to create because you are doing it yourself.)
7. Join affiliate programs that match and compliment the theme of your website. Insert reviews and links to these websites of the affiliate programs you joined.
8. Buy a domain name and hosting account and upload your website.
Now that you have all this hosting space, you can also use it to keep your images on for your eBay listings too. Don’t nickel and dime yourself to death with their fees!!
9. Create a custom About Me page on your eBay account that introduces you and directs people to your website (You DO know some HTML now, right?) (Cost – FREE)
10. Search out newsletters that would be good to put an ad in. Cost, about $40 for a SOLO ad which means JUST your ad goes out to 15,000-30,000 people.
11. Write an eBook on some subject. Put affiliate links in it. Give it away on your website. Create more ebooks. Make a GREAT one and sell it.
About the Author: Natalie Williams is a full time work from home mom that centers her business around helping other people, especially moms, work from home successfully and without being scammed.
Her main websites can be found at:
By: Lara Velez
I can’t be the only one who has noticed the decline in customer service these days. It is a very sad thing. I have stopped shopping at many stores because of how I was treated. I believe that customer service is one of, if not the most important ingredient to any successful business.
Here are some basic tips to help you earn your customer’s trust and repeated business.
- Never Argue with a Customer! No matter what, the customer is ALWAYS right. Do what it takes to make them come back. If you go the extra mile with a disgruntled customer, they will walk away happy and share their experience with others. And, everyone knows that word of mouth is the best form of advertising.
- Always be Professional. Even if your customer or client is being unreasonable, always put YOUR best foot forward. You don’t know what that person’s day was like, or what their past customer service experiences have been. Treat them like family. After all, they are your bread and butter.
- Never Miss a Scheduled Appointment. Being late is a HUGE no no. Leave early to get there on time, but don’t ever be late! You must always make sure that you give yourself enough time for every scenario.
- Be a Good Listener. Customers are people. And people want to be heard. Sit up straight, give a firm dry handshake, and always look them in the eye.
- Samples and Discounts. Whenever possible give your customers or clients freebies and discounts. They will appreciate it, and will likely want more!
- Show those Pearly Whites! Smile. It really does make a huge difference. Not only for your customer’s sake, but for you too! You will feel better knowing you stayed cool. A smile lifts you up. Your smile is a form of communication that your customers should never live without!
- Keep in Touch. Send your customers and clients a thank you note for their orders. Send post cards and fliers telling them of up-coming specials. Or, a special just for them! Taking this extra step in customer service will make your customer feel special. And, look to you in the future.
Copyright © Lara Velez
About the Author: Lara Velez is an entrepreneur and published writer. One of her desires is to help people do better in business. That is why she created HBRD, a home business website. There you will find many tips and articles to help you succeed.
By: Nicole Dean
You’re lying on the couch in your living room, in one of your husband’s old t-shirts and a pair of baggie sweatpants, watching last night’s taped episode of Desperate Housewives, when suddenly – the phone rings. You don’t recognize the number on caller ID and you make the mistake of answering it. It’s your long lost best friend from the sixth grade. She’s in town and she just happens to be in your neighborhood. She’ll be over in 10 minutes, and your house is a MESS.
So, how do you clean up for unexpected guests in 10 minutes or less?!
1. Stay calm!
2. Do a clean sweep. Grab a trash bag or laundry basket and gather up everything that is lying around that shouldn’t be, and throw it into the bag. Hide the bag.
3. Plump up pillows on couches and chairs in living room, fold blankets. Give each cushion a swat for crumbs.
4. Stack mail, newspapers and magazines in a nice, neat pile. Stick the pile in a corner or on a kitchen chair.
5. Give the bathroom a speedy sprucing up! Wipe out the sink, wipe off the toilet seat and quickly swish the bowl. Then, close the shower curtain, and throw odds and ends in cabinets or drawers. Spray some Lysol or air freshener so the bathroom will smell clean – even if it’s far from it.
6. Rinse off any dishes in the sink and stack them neatly or toss them in the dishwasher. Wipe off the table and counter tops.
7. Take a peek inside the fridge – what beverages and snacks do you have that you can offer your guests?
8. Close the doors to all rooms that you don’t want on display.
9. Light a yummy scented candle in the kitchen – like Cinnamon Buns or Chocolate Cake. Lighting a few scented candles will uplift the mood of any home and make guests feel welcomed. Throw some fruit in a bowl and place it in the center of your table. Fresh flowers also do wonders, if you have them on hand.
10. Take a deep breath. Give yourself a squirt of perfume and you’re all set! You may even have enough time to get changed into something a little more presentable.
Cleaning up for unexpected guests does not have to be a mad rush, if you stay caught up on your housework as a rule. A friend of mine gave me some really good advice right after my husband and I got married, she said “The best way to keep a clean house is to entertain in your home at least once a month.” There’s nothing like having company coming to get cleaning!
You are invited to visit:
http://www.homeorganizationhelp.com/house-cleaning-tips.htm for more cleaning and organization advice.
And, http://www.freequickrecipes.com for meals in minutes!
By: Kirstin Carey
Studies done by Catalyst, Inc., the National Association of Women Business Owners, and the Center for Women’s Business Research are all reporting that women are slowly eking up the corporate ladder. Unfortunately, the increase from one year to the next is barely noticeable and definitely nothing to get excited about.
The organizations above also state that companies with a higher representation of women in positions of leadership did better financially than those with a few or no women in leadership. So, if companies are doing better with women in positions of power, then what is preventing so many women from gracing the corner offices?
The top five reasons are:
1. The corporate structure is too rigid and doesn’t allow for a work life balance.
2. Women are getting lured into deceptive paths to the top.
3. “The Rules” for getting to the top aren’t clearly defined.
4. Women aren’t helping each other climb.
5 Companies aren’t utilizing the strengths of their women.
So, what are some things we can do to improve the situation?
Do Our Own Thing.
As others studies conducted by the earlier mentioned organizations, women are leaving Corporate America in droves and staring their own companies and firms. This approach allows women the opportunity to control their work schedule in line with their personal lives and to many times increase their income. It’s also starting a trend of companies that are not fixated on the standard 9 to 5 mentality. If you can’t join ‘em, beat ‘em!
Do the Homework.
Research how the corporate big shots got to where they are now and find out exactly which path they took to reach the top. Read their biographies and any books they may have written. Find out what significant positions they held and what skills were crucial to their advancement.
Special Note: Top positions require P & L (profit & loss) experience and most corporate paths taken by women do not involve working with P & L.
Seek Out Mentors.
Find other women (or men) who have succeeded in the path you are striving toward and learn from them. Too often women are not proactive in finding a mentor and are simply waiting for one to appear. Though fairytales teach us that our fairy godmother will appear when we need her, corporate mentors aren’t sitting around waiting for managers in need. You have to find them and ask for their help.
Of course, you should also BECOME a mentor. It’s amazing how much we learn when we teach it to someone else.
Support Female Friendly Companies.
Every year, Working Mother Magazine publishes a list of the Top 100 Companies for Working Mothers along with specific reasons each company made the list. If your company won’t make changes to support your work/life balance needs, consider finding a job at one of the companies on the Top 100 list.
If you aren’t in a position to switch jobs, then at least be sure to support these companies and their efforts by buying their products and using their services.
Understand the Specifics.
Find out exactly what you need to do to get to where you want to go. Work with your boss on setting goals and developing specific skills needed to advance. Keep a record of your successes and accomplishments and show how you have impacted the company’s bottom line. Also, keep in mind that studies of performance reviews show that women are usually judged on PERFORMANCE while men are usually graded on POTENTIAL. So, be sure to discuss your past performance as well as your future potential.
The issues of women and Corporate America won’t be solved over night. Women themselves are still trying to define their roles and figure out what and who they want to be, making the situation that much more difficult.
Until companies begin to embrace the importance of the female perspective and qualities, they will not understand the need for a change in the status quo. Therefore, women cannot wait for fairy godmothers to appear and must impact change themselves.
What can you do today to help impact a change?
About the Author: Kirstin Carey is a consultant, award winning speaker, and author of “PowHERful Communications for Women Who Want to be Heard.” As a woman business owner, Kirstin fully understands what is necessary for women to be successful entrepreneurs.
To find out how you too can love your business everyday and live the entrepreneurial life you want, visit http://www.powherful.com
By: Milos Pesic
Baring it to the essentials, you’d say that kitchen remodeling should be easy, as easy as pointing your finger over the right direction: putting the refrigerator here and installing the sink there. That, however, is the planning of a conventional designer living decades ago. There are now so many magazines and books to tell you the best kitchen remodeling tips.
The kitchen of today has evolved more than what it is naturally intended for. Yes, it still has to grill those tenderloins to meaty juiciness, but today the kitchen has to put up a number of guests in its confines. Treatment of kitchens had made many to consider these rooms as guest accommodating next to living rooms. While in the past they are more inclined for efficiency, over the years kitchens are becoming as much aesthetically pleasing and comfortable as it is efficient as the margin that separates the two becomes more blurred.
Yet, the kitchen is still easy to plan or remodel as long as during the designing phase, these kitchen remodeling tips are in close regard. So don’t scratch that blank matter yet. Get it filled with these kitchen remodeling tips.
Kitchen Remodeling Tips 1
Are you a housewife that juggles everything: baking, babysitting, and doing the dishes? Then increase your scope by putting your domain in the midst of the household. Design your kitchen (and your household) such that it would make the kitchen the center of the household.
There are several boons that come along with this design. Previously we have discussed how the kitchen has become an accommodation room than in the past. This design will also allow the patron to entertain visitor while periodically checking her cooking. As for the visitor, he will get to know what to expect for dinner.
Kitchen Remodeling Tips 2
Wood as a major material in kitchens is a common approach. However, wood is bad for places that gets a lot of heat and steam, even with exhaust. Wood softens when over-exposed and paint expands and also softens. However, wood is essential for cabinets and similar fixtures. Glass is a new approach for counter tops, tables and sinks. These materials don’t hold grease in smoke, unlike wood and is easier to clean and maintain sanitarily.
Kitchen Remodeling Tips 3
Tabletop integration is another new feature in most modern remodeling ideas. These ideas are rather new, and the applications to them are yet to show. However, most integration designs shown over popular kitchen remodeling sites are quite gorgeous.
About the Author: Milos Pesic is an expert in the field of Remodeling and runs a highly popular and comprehensive Home Remodeling web site. For more articles and resources on Home Remodeling related topics, Remodeling Contractors, Home Remodeling Loans, Remodeling Ideas and much more visit his site at: http://remodeling.need-to-know.net
By: Ponn Sabra
1. Enlightenment – Have Faith.
In a Women’s Entrepreneur Success Survey I conducted, the #1 category chosen out of 44 to define “Success” was “Faith”. It can be assumed that accountability to God, or a higher purpose, helps you work with strong values, ethics and morals; based on charity, kindness, compassion, and the genuine passion to help others. Also, having faith may help you learn from your failures quicker, have less fear, and take more educated risks, because every experience (good or bad) is one step closer to goal attainment for all the right reasons.
2. Empowerment of Self – The Ability to Chose.
Empowerment is about learning there are choices, in which you have the right to be the healthiest and happiest person you can be today. One critical choice in the self-empowerment process is to enter into self-discovery process that leads to self-acceptance and results in self-love. You will reach your personal and business’ greatest potential, once you master this equation: Self-Love = Self-Discovery + Self-Acceptance.
3. Exercise Balance with Your Family.
Since your family gives you the most personal fulfillment, it is important to always prioritize your business accordingly. Choose to live life with your family, not because of, or for them by making excuses to yourself, such as “work comes first”. After almost facing death, I learned that I must always: Work Wisely + Play Plenty = Rest Reassured.
4. The Enterprise Must Include the Power of Power Networks.
As a conductor of your own enterprise, you can not see yourself as a one-woman-show. You must choose to utilize the power people in your life, by asking for help when you need it, and effectively delegating in order to capitalize on your strengths and that of your power network. When certain experts are not represented in your power network, you must actively seek advisers or mentors and develop a team of specialists, so the benefits are received by everyone involved in the power network – the true Power of Power Networks.
5. Experience Success through Principles That Work.
Rather than re-invent the success cycle; read, study and try different principles proven to have worked in the numerous business-improvement resources available to you. Choose to learn something(S) new every single day.
Give this one a try: The Empowerment Equation to Success:
Desire + Action = Success
Action = 5 A’s: Acquisition, Affirmative Attitude, Accountability, Asking, and Accomplish.
Visit EmpowerWomenNow.com often for updated professional empowerment tools as well.
6. Exclusive Business Brand.
Brand yourself as the exclusive business in your target market. The more you invest your time, money, efforts, and human resource in developing your Unique Selling Proposition, once your clients start rolling in…their loyalty will last for their lifetime and that of their offspring. The power of being the first and only means you have no competition. Therefore, your clients have no one else to turn to. Always chose to be a specialist at something…not a generalist in everything. Dare to be Your Best Self! [Beware: Once you start succeeding at what you do, you WILL have competition. At which time, it's critical to build alliances...not enemies.]
7. Establish Systems to Maximize Time.
You must establish as many systems as possible (i.e., priority planning, to do’s, office hours, meeting days, etc.) to be time-efficient. Streamline all your business protocols for maximum productivity that includes but not limited to your daily, weekly, monthly and annual duties and responsibilities.
8. Expand Your Marketing Reach.
Diversify your online and offline marketing portfolio. Always be open to try something new, different and creative, but never stop at a one-time opportunity. Repetitive efforts are rewarded the most. Areas include: website, blog, article submission, local and internet press release campaign, venture partnerships, link exchanges, charity sponsorships, public speaking, radio interviews, teleseminars, volunteerism, search engine optimization/marketing, building power networks, and hosting local events.
9. Experiment for a Positive Bottom Line.
For every new formula, system, or marketing campaign you try, you must always test and track your results. Stay accountable to your bottom-line by being patient enough to see results and persistent enough to gain the most from your efforts. Don’t give up too easily, and don’t let dead-weight pull you down. Always be cost-conscious.
10. Envisioning Goes beyond Goal Setting.
Envisioning your goals means being able to apply all your senses to the moment when your goal is achieved. Basically, you need to touch, taste, smell, feel, and hear your goal already accomplished, so that moment becomes so vivid in your mind, that you will become happy and empowered right now.Your positive focus will fill your workdays with fun, and you’ll always be proud of your efforts rather than disappointed with your unfinished tasks. Coming from a Type-A personality, this is easier said than done; but having just written this down, I’m now accountable to you. Now, I challenge you to stay empowered and keep our power network alive!
Please share your comments and feedback, by leaving a quick note at Empowering Women Right Now Blog. This Women’s Empowerment Cycle can’t roll without ya!
Ponn M. Sabra, The Women’s Empowerment Queen, is the best-selling author of “Empowering Women to Power Network“, and Founder of http://EmpowerWomenNow.com Hop over to to get empowered today!